Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Amsterdam Day 3

I need to wrap up my trip to Amsterdam because I have a lot to write about.

It wasn´t much more exciting. We woke up kinda late the next day because we were so tired and didn´t set an alarm. Unfortunately it was raining when we woke up, so we went to breakfast at and English place near by, then we checked out and asked them to watch our bags because our flight wasn´t until 6pm.

It had stopped raining by the time we left the hotel, but we took the tram to the Van Gogh Museum. I loved it. We couldn´t take any pictures, but I really loved all his paintings. I wanted to buy a copy of his lilac one and put it in my room, but I knew I wouldn`t have enough room in my suitcase. After that we walked around a little more and got some more belgium fries. We got them at apparently ¨the best fries place in holland¨ but i thought the place we went to the other night was better. Oh well...

We were supposed to meet my professor at his hotel at 4 to go to the airport together. Of course he´s late, so we run to the train station, rush to the airport and find that there´s a huge line in check in and security. Of course. It´s 5pm and we´re still in line to check in. I´m starting to think we´re not going to make this flight. We go to one of the people that works there and they take us to this guy who checks us in. Now we´re rushing through this security line and running through the airport. Literally running. For anyone that knows me, you know I hate flying, hate airports, and hate being late. I was freaking out. I was so pissed at everyone and I wanted to curse out our professor for making us late. But can´t really do that...anyway we make it to the gate and it´s boarding. Luckily we made it in enough time and got on the flight. I will go by his timings again...

No comments:

Post a Comment