Thursday, June 2, 2011

Mi espanol, no es muy bueno...

I have to make this quick before I go to class then AMSTERDAM!!..

Last night was supposed to be "college night" so we all went out expecting to see a bunch of college kids. We walked into the bar and it was ALL men ... all gay men. So whatever, we got a drink and started dancing. My gay friend here, Tom, came up to me and said "OMG those guys are so hot I want to dance with them." So I told him to go dance with them and he said he wanted me to go bring them over to dance with us. So I kept looking over in their direction and dancing by them. Finally one of them looked at me and gave me the "come over here" signal. I took no hesitation. I ran over to the center of their circle and started dancing. Then I motioned that I wanted a partner, so one of them jumped in and started latin dancing with me (this I am very bad at). 

We all had a good laugh then I introduced myself and he brought me over to this guy and introduced me. Then we kinda went our separate ways. Eventually the guy I had just met came over to me and started talking to me, in spanish of course. I was trying to make out what he was saying the best I could but most of the time I just smiled, nodded, and laughed thinking "I have NO idea what the hell you're saying to me, but you're really cute."

So throughout the whole night I danced with him and tried to speak spanish to him. I felt like such an idiot because I don't know how to talk spanish slang. I only know basic sentences like "I'm going shopping today" and "Can I use the bathroom?" but he was so cute I couldn't say no. 

Side note: My professor was there the whole night (which is a whole story in itself) so I was being flirty with this guy, but still very appropriate.

We ended up having to leave but I gave him my email address and we're going to meet up this tuesday. Also, I tried hooking up my friend Tom and they told me that none of those guys are gay! We were shocked. Gay is so hard to tell from European...

No comments:

Post a Comment