Friday, June 17, 2011

My final days...

I can't believe I leave the day after tomorrow. These three weeks really flew. At first the time was passing so slowly, but these last two weeks felt like 5 minutes. I'm really excited to go home and have a LI summer with my best friends and family, but on the other hand I could really stay here for a few more months. There's more I want to do and see. There's a million places I want to visit. I would love to stay places for weeks or even month at a time. You really get a feel for the place.

Today was a perfect day. We went to this market in downtown. It was a huge building that looked like a beautiful church from the outside. Inside there was rows and rows of kiosks selling meat, chicken, pork, you name it. They all looked fresh and organic. I personally didn't care for the carved up carcasses considering sometimes the heads were left on them, but I feel like this was something my mother would really appreciate. Oh and this was just the first floor. The bottom floor had all seafood, fruits, and vegetables. I loved it! There were so many delicious looking exotic fruits. I wanted them all. If I had an apartment and a kitchen I would have bought the place out. I did buy a cheese pastry from one of the bakery stands. So good! My friend bought cherries. They were probably the most delicious cherries I've ever had.

After we walked to the beach. It was packed because it was so beautiful out. The sand here is really fine and really dark. I went swimming in the Mediterranean Sea today! It was warm, kinda dirty, and a lot of sea week. But it was super shallow so we could walk way out and still be waist deep. I loved it.

After we got ice cream at this place our spanish teacher told us about. It was so good! My friend got this drink thing that's popular here. It was white and tasted coconuty, it was good though.

Tonight we are all going out to dinner for a final farewell. Tomorrow we are seeing a bull fight and celebrating one of the guys here, Tom's birthday. It's going to be a lot of fun. We all chipped in money and two people here coordinated a whole night. I really don't want to be hung over for the plane ride on Sunday. We'll see...!

No comments:

Post a Comment