Sunday, June 5, 2011

AMSTERDAM! Night 1

This may take me more than one post...

Let's start from the beginning: First the flight to amsterdam was fine. A little crowded but not too bad. When we got there we decided to take the train to our hotel so we bought tickets and rushed to catch it. When I got on and sat down I immediately took out my camera expecting the view to be beautiful. I was disappointed. It looked just like the view from the LIRR...

But when we got there and walked outside the train station I was by no means disappointed. This may have been the most beautiful train station I've ever seen. This is what it looked like:

After looking very lost for a few minutes, we found out our hotel was a 10 min walk away. So off we went with our little backpacks (I actually managed to fit everything I needed for the weekend in my purse. Don't ask me how). Very excitedly we walked down the streets of Amsterdam until we saw the sign for our hotel. The hotel was very nice and luckily it was right in the center of all the action.

We unpacked and met my friend Will who was staying with us for the weekend. He was so nice and ordered a bottle of champagne which was chilling in a bucket for us. We decided to get something to eat.  We walked around a little and settled on this italian restaurant. Everything was so expensive!

After we ate we went back, showered, and got ready for the night. We walked around a little and found this fries place. IT WAS AMAZING! They're belgium fries with a sauce on top (we got a cheese sauce but it tasted more like honey mustard) It was delicious.


As we were eating our fries, we notice a little alley that a lot of people were coming from/going into. We were curious so we looked down it and saw a lot of lights and commotion. We decided to check it out. Bad decision. It was the Red Light district, which is a row of windows bordered in red lights that prostitutes stand in. There were guys waiting in line. It was so disgusting. As we walked past this one door, a prostitute reached out and grabbed my boob!! I was so freaked out we ran as fast we could to get out of there...

Finally we found a nice irish pub, ordered a beer and called it a night. Needless to say, we stayed far from the Red Light District after that. Gross.

This was just night one...there's more to come

1 comment:

  1. Glad to see your having so much fun. Yeah the red light district is not a good place to be. It is disgusting and glad you got out of there. That train station is beautiful..Love you

    ReplyDelete