Sunday, June 19, 2011

My Last Post

I can't believe it's all over. It really went so fast. I feel like I could have stayed another month and just traveled Europe. There's so many places I have yet to go to and see. I want to see Rome, Venice, Florance, Naples, Sicily (and that's just Italy), then there's Paris, London, Morocco, Egypt, Germany, Prague, Greece, Turkey, Ireland. The list goes on. I also want to see India, Japan, Australia, Indonesia, Thailand, Africa, Japan...I could go on all day. I love to go places and experience new things. I think I'll be back to Europe some day.

I really enjoyed my stay here for these past two weeks. To be honest I was a little disappointed with Alicante when I first arrived. It seemed too ordinary. Too boring. But I've come to realize it is quite the opposite.

Last night we went out for my very food friend Tom's 21st birthday. We knew we had an early flight so we packed before we went out. We got home around 530, showered, grabbed our bags and headed to the airport. No sleeping. We were kind of drunk in the airport. It was funny. Not so funny when we started sobering up. I slept the whole way from Alicante to Madrid. Then we almost missed our flight to Miami because our flight to Madrid was late and we had to go through customs and make it to another terminal. They were holding the plane for us. Thank god we made it.

I'm glad to be back in the US. I can't tell you how nice it is to speak English and not feel like a stupid American. I really wish I was bilingual. It was really frustrating not being able to speak their language. I really felt stupid. I felt like "why didn't my parents teach my spanish?" then I remembered, "oh that's right, because they're not of latin decent and I didn't grow up in Miami."

Even coming to Miami wasn't much of a change. My cab driver barely spoke English. So hopefully when I come to NY I'll get to speak newyorker to everyone and feel right at home. It's also nice not to have to use a converter and to use the internet whenever I want. WIFI is a godsend.

Tomorrow I head to NY. Being in Miami right now makes me want to stay here, but I know I'll be happy in NY when I'm there. Miami will always be here waiting for me. I'm sure I'll see it again soon.

At the closing of this trip I can truly say I learned some very valuable things:
-I love sangria
-and tapas
-and ham and cheese
-and wine of course
-I love surgery
-and medicine
-I love to travel
-and experience new things
-I love making new friends
-and realizing I don't need to be friends with everyone
-It's good to do new things with new people, you find out who you really are. I like what I saw.
-I will come back to Europe some day, maybe even live here for a while...

As for now, Hasta luego!

No comments:

Post a Comment